What I Get Up To
- I co-host and produce the Verity! podcast, in which 6 women from 5 time zones in 4 countries on 3 continents in 2 hemispheres talk about 1 thing: Doctor Who.
- I co-host Lazy Doctor Who, in which my spouse and I watch the entirety of Doctor Who at our own pace.
- I co-produce and read fiction and poetry for the Uncanny Magazine Podcast.
- I host Random Pursuit, a game-show podcast using 30+ editions of Trivial Pursuit.
- I co-host Beginner’s Puck, a not-so-regular hockey podcast for new/under-served NHL fans.
- I’m a regular panelist on The Incomparable podcast (and am found on several other network shows).
- I play Dungeons and Dragons online on Total Party Kill (available in video and audio).
- I co-host(ed) The Audio Guide to Babylon 5.
- I co-hosted Earp Chirp, an Alberta-made podcast about the Alberta-made/set show, Wynonna Earp.
- I re-read Julian May’s Saga of Pliocene Exile and Galactic Milieu series for the Saga of Re-Reading Epics podcast.
You can find me on twitter @HollyGoDarkly (as long as it lasts) and @HollyGoDarkly@wandering.shop on Mastodon.
Castria is the podcast production business my spouse and I run.
You can support me directly at ko-fi and Patreon (if I ever write anything here again).
I’ll write one soon. Maybe.
Hi folks. I’m Erika, a geeky gal who started this blog when I undertook the task of knitting the Doctor Who season 18 scarf (the purple/orange/red chenille one). The idea was, as I knitted I’d watch properly geeky tv and movies, then blog about them.
What actually happened was I slacked off in the knitting department (it’s not done, even all these years later), but still wanted to write about random things. For a while I spat out a varied and desultory collection of geektastic musings, but next to no knitting. But I’d keep writing, right?
At some point I’ll have the capacity to pick this back up, but with a full-time day job and so many podcasts to record and produce… well, don’t hold your breath. ;)
Hello! My name is Derek Gladu, a co-host and producer for Soundonsight.org, a film and television review website. I stumbled upon your blog through the twitterverse, and I really enjoy your work, even though I am a hopelessly irredeemable Pertwee fan.
For more than a year now we have been reviewing both New and Classic Doctor Who, and it has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience so far as The Whoniverse is generally as nice as I hoped it would be.
We have been looking for a special guest host to help us review the upcoming 2012 Christmas Special and we are wondering if you would be interested in joining us in a little Whovian cross pollination. I understand that schedules are a little tight during the holidays, but as our guest we would work entirely around a time of your convenience.
Should you be interested and available during the holidays we could have a little chat on Skype later on in order to work out all the details together.
I thank you for your time, look forward to talking to you soon, and wish you all the best.
After hearing the incomparable game show a few times using your Trivia Pursuit addiction I had an idea. I love the TPKILL podcast and have listened through the catalog multiple times. Yes I just can’t get enough of Kat’cha and her singing. What if I made up a series of questions and categories Trivia Pursuit Style and you have any TPKILL player or DM be a contestant? I think it would be fun and may get some more incomparable listeners interested in TPKILL after hearing the guys and gals laugh while reminiscing about those adventures.
Example off the top of my head
Category: Critical Fail
On his first adventure this character leapt into action resulting in a unpleasant meeting with the lead bad guy.
What are your thoughts on this idea?
Interesting idea! I’ll keep it in mind, and float it past the group.
Hi Erika, I wanted to get you in contact with a YA Author for your podcast Uncanny – Verlin Darrow. That’s his pen name, because he’s also a working psychotherapist based in Northern California. His next YA Speculative novel is coming out this month and I also wanted to get a physical copy to you if you would consider it for review. Darrow’s an incredibly interesting guy, and he absolutely does the Fitzgerald method of write what you know – he was in a cult in his earlier days (he got out), has backpacked through Europe, been a professional volleyball player and even met Einstein. Just really interesting guy. Could I send you a copy of his book?
Hi Emily! Thanks for asking, but Uncanny Magazine Podcast is an organ of the magazine and only features short fiction and poetry published that month in Uncanny Magazine.